How Can I Manually Create an Order for a member?
If you need to manually create an order, do the following:
1. For a NEW MEMBER: VERY IMPORTANT: Start in a private browser or make sure you are logged out of your farmer admin account. This will ensure you are not overriding your own information!
Go to your sign up page and proceed through the ordering process by entering your customer’s information.
For an EXISTING MEMBER: From farm admin, find their profile and impersonate them. Once on their member dashboard, go to the "My Farms" tab, then click "Place Order"
2. Walk through the order that the member would like to place. If they are just adding an add-on share (ex. eggs), you will use the same process.
3. If you have a member's card information and permission to charge their card, you can complete the order, and you're done!
3. If you do not have card information there are 2 options-
- check out with offline payment and then add in payment via the admin section (see next section)
- If offline payment is not enabled, then go through the sign-up process and stop at the payment screen. Follow the below instructions to add payment and complete the order.
To add a payment (cash or check) and mark the order as complete without offline payment enabled:
Go to Dashboard→ Orders to find the customer's order and click the Complete Order button next to the order.
Next, you will see this screen. You can check out orders with any amount of payment - partial, full, or none at all. Simply enter the amount of the payment, the type of payment (cash, check, ACH, other), and any description (for example, check number), and then click the Complete Order With Offline Payment button to mark the order as complete and log the payment.
If payment in full was made, all share deliveries will be scheduled and will be marked as paid.
If only partial payment is made, all share deliveries will be created but only those covered by the payment will be marked as paid. So, for example, if the customer gave you $100 and your shares are $20/delivery, the first 5 deliveries would be marked as paid and ready to be delivered. Share deliveries that are not covered will be marked as suspended until subsequent payments are made so people can pay-as-they-go if you want to do that.
To add a payment (cash or check) for offline payment enabled
1. To add a payment to this offline payment go to Dashboard→ Orders --> Order ID. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click "Add Payment"
2. After you've added a payment, scroll to the bottom of the order page and click "Schedule Suspended Shares". You'll notice that the share status should switch from "Suspended" to "To Be Delivered".
I see different payment statuses, what do they mean?
Depending on where a member is with payment plan or payment you will see a variety of different payment statuses. Here is what each of those mean
Payment Plan Type
PAID_FULL- Member has paid in full and does not owe anything. (NOTE: if an order has this status, no future payments will be made on the order! CHange the payment status if the order is no longer PIF.)
PAID_ADVANCE - Member has chosen the default Harvie payment plan.
OFFLINE_PAYMENT - Member has chosen offline payment method and will need to make a payment before any shares are built.
INCOMPLETE_ORDER - Member started an order but stopped before completing payment. (Please note this is normal online shopping behavior so don't panic!)
CANCELLED_ORDER - Member did not come back to the incomplete order within 72 hours so it's now marked as cancelled.
AWAITING_PAYMENT - Deliverable, has some payment remaining to pay
TO BE DELIVERED - Deliverable has no payment remaining to pay
PROVISIONAL - Part of an incomplete order, just provisionally “plotted out”
SUSPENDED - Not Deliverable until payment has been made