Weekly Farm Call
Why should you think about your signup page?
- 94% of consumers will abandon a site if they don't have enough information to make a purchase decision
-We want people who land on the signup page to convert to lifetime members!
-More conversions = more sales
- Show off your brand! Imagine this the only interaction that potential members are having with you,
What is the Competition doing?
- Try walking through the signup pages of some large subscription programs (Imperfect produce, Misfits, Hello Fresh etc.).
- What are they doing well?
- What makes you want to check out?
- What questions do you have?
What to Consider?
1. Value Proposition- Why should someone buy from you? This should be evident on your signup page.
- A great place to add this is your signup banner
2. Answer Questions- Design for someone who doesn't know your farm- what questions would they have?
- Answer questions throughout your page in the share and size descriptions, banner, photos etc.
3. Include Expectations- help find the right customers for your program by making sure the expectations are included upfront.
4. Social Proof- 41% of users read online reviews before purchasing a product. You should be sharing your rave reviews! Who loves your program... include those words of wisdom!
- Link to your Facebook group, add a farm happening of with testimonials and link to it
Case Study: Harvie Farms New Orleans
Harvie Farms New Orleans is a newly launched program. In order to gain new customers, they are constantly talking about the signup page and how to refine it to maximize conversions. Below are some ideas of things that they have tried.
Iterate. Find what works for your farm.
Check out the current version of their signup page- https://www.harvie.farm/farm/harvie-farms-new-orleans/signup
- Keep it simple - grab members attention
- Highlight your selection (update this throughout the season to highlight new products)
- Personalized note
- Easy to understand names
- Consistent across all sizes
- Highlight your selection
- Explain the value of an upsell
- What does a typical box look like?
- How big is the small vs. medium?
Below are three different ideas for next steps depending on your level of commitment and available time. If you got this far, you can at least do the 5 minute option right now!
Pull up your signup page right now. What is the most common question sales related that you’ve gotten from members recently? Add it to your signup banner.
Review your descriptions (add how many people does each size feed?), size photos (make sure you show the different example shares) and signup banner (add what is unique about your program?) for clarity and sales focus.
- Ask a friend! Get someone less familiar to walk through your signup page with you. What questions do they have? What makes them want to buy?
- Tweak everything so that it is sales focused
- Change things up- check your signup page regularly, get a fresh perspective, what questions are people asking?
Related Help Documentation