What is Farm Stand: Shop?
The Shop page is a way to place one-time, market-style orders from your farmer if and when they have extra product available.
How farm stand subscribers sign up
You can access the Farm Stand: Shop using the button on either your Harvie dashboard or the widget on your farm's profile.
On your Harvie dashboard, go to the My Farms tab, and click Shop:
On your farm's profile or signup page, click Order Now in the Farm Stand widget:
If your farmer's farm stand is sold out or not available for the week, you will be prompted to sign up for notifications. This subscribes you to the mailing list, and you will now receive notifications via email when your farm has products available for purchase.
Navigating the Farm Stand: Shop page
If you're a subscriber, you'll receive an email notification when your farmer opens their Farm Stand. Click the link in your email to buy, or use the Shop button on your dashboard, as shown above. This will bring you to the Farm Stand: Shop page, where you can build you order!
When you first arrive on the page, you'll see the upcoming delivery dates, the departments in which the farm has products available, and the list of products. You can browse the products by either scrolling through the page at your leisure, or, if you are looking for a specific type of product, select its department in the "Browse by category" drop-down menu.
The amount of information available for each product will vary by farm, but may include:
1. Product Name
2. Producer: The name of the farm that provided this item. This field is optional, and is used by the farmer to indicate products that were supplied by a neighboring farm.
3. Tags: This field is optional. The farmer may choose to indicate which items are suitable for people with certain dietary restrictions or preferences, such as Gluten Free, Organic, Vegan, etc.
4. Description: This field is optional, and may include more information about the product itself, an ingredients list, or tips for storing or cooking the product. If the description exceeds the available space on the product card, click "Read more" to view the full text. When you are done, click anywhere to collapse the text.
5. Unit Price: The cost of the item, and the quantity by which it is sold.
6. Add to Cart: To add this item to your order, select how many you would like in the drop-down and click the "Add To Cart" button. If you already have this item in your cart, the quantity you select in the drop-down will be added to the number in your cart. For example, if you have 2 of this item in your cart, by selecting 2 in the drop-down and clicking the Add button, you would then have a total of 4. By default, this drop-down gives you the option to add up to 5 of an item at a time, but it may have fewer options if the item is nearly sold out. If the item is sold out, the Add to Cart button will be disabled, and a message will appear indicating that there is no more inventory available.
When you've successfully added a product to your cart, an indicator appears at the bottom of the product card. The product card will now appear in your Cart view.
In the navigation bar, you will find a cart icon. You can click this icon to view your cart at any time! To hide the cart, click the close icon at the top of the panel.
In your cart, you can use the up and down arrows or the keypad to edit the quantity of an item in your order. You can only decrease the quantity to 1, and you can only increase it to the amount of inventory available for that product. Click the "Update" button to save the change. To remove all of a product from you order, click the trashcan icon.
The farmer designates a minimum allowable order value when they open their farm stand. This amount is shown on the disabled button below your "Estimated Total". When your total reaches the minimum amount, the button will become enabled, and its text will change to "Go To Checkout". Click this button when you are ready to complete your order.
When you click "Go To Checkout", you will be prompted for your contact information, delivery preferences, and payment. If you need to make changes to your order, click the "Back To Catalog" button at the top of the page at any time.
1. Contact Info: If you are a new member, it's time to create your profile! If you are a returning member, and you are not yet logged in to your account, click the link to log in, which will then populate the form with your information. If you are already logged in, the form will be pre-filled with your profile information.
2. Choose a Delivery Option: Delivery options will vary by farm, but usually include a mix of home delivery and pickup locations. The options will be shown as a list by default, but you may click "Map View" to see where the pickup locations are, or whether your address is within the farm's home delivery area. Select the option you prefer from either view.
If the farm does not have any delivery options that serve your address, you will see an alert like the one below. But don't worry! You will be notified if the farm expands their delivery area in the future, or you can visit the Farms page to search for other farms near you.
3. Review and Checkout: Here, you will see a summary of your order. You may edit quantities or remove items if you wish. If you have a coupon code, enter it in the field in the Checkout area and click "Apply Code". When you're ready, enter your credit card information in the fields provided. The "Save Card Details" button will become enabled when all the fields are filled in and properly formatted. If you are a returning member, you will see the last 4 digits of your card on file, and have the option to "Change Card".
After your payment information is successfully saved, the "Save" button will change to "Complete Order." Click here to send your order to the farm and get your receipt!