What is a Farm Happening?
Farm Happenings are an update from the farm to keep the members in-the-know and connected to your farm. They love to hear your stories, especially members that never get to visit your farm. These “happenings” are something members enjoy and they are good for retention! Write about anything from new crops growing to funny farm animal stories … with pictures!
Why should you pay attention to this?
1. Long term retention of the member
2. Extras sales throughout the season
3. Reduce questions from members
You can create the Farm Happening by going to Happenings in the left menu of your admin and follow these directions:
- Give it a name - have fun with this!
- Choose an image(s) - always recommended
- Write your farm updates in the space provided. Type in your message - we recommend 250 words or less to make it a fun, quick read.
- Click Save.
If you start your farm happening but don’t finish it right away, you can go back to it later. Just know that whatever you type into the space, will show up on our profile page once you save it. When you are ready to complete it though, just click Edit for the post under Happenings. This needs to happen before you send out your estimates to your members, as you will attach this to your next delivery.
Farm Happenings will appear in Customization Emails, Final Delivery Emails and on the Farm’s Profile Page on the Harvie site.
1. Strong Images
2. Clear call to action- what is the purpose of this farm happening?
3. Who is your audience?
Ideas for Farm Happenings
Here are some idea topics on what to write about in Farm Happenings!
What are you planting?
What are you harvesting?
How do you plant?
How do you harvest?
What does your pack shed look like?/How do you pack boxes?/How long does it take?
Best/Funny moment of the season/of farming in general
Do you have a favorite crop?
What’s the most misunderstood crop or veggie?
Anything with animals
Anything with kids
Great customer story
What are you cooking from the farm this week?
Why did you decide to become a farmer?
1. Create a farm happening formula to make it easy from week to week.
- Good picture
- Introduction + short story
- New products/ highlighted
- Weekly Upkeep
- Refer a friend
- Packaging or location announcements
2. Create a rough schedule for the season and include the call to action for each week in the schedule
Farm Call - Farm Happenings that Sell
View the slides from the call here.