What Is Auto Renew? | How to get started with auto-renew | Next Steps | What you need to know | Member Experience | FAQ's | Post Auto Renew |
What Is Auto Renew?
Auto renew is done as a convenience to your members. It is designed to renew the memberships from any given season to the next season, saving you the time and effort in promoting new signups and saving your members from the task of signing themselves up for a new share. All members are originally "opted-in" for auto-renew at sign up, but they can toggle that setting to off at anytime.
How to get started with auto-renew
A support agent will discuss auto renew with you at the time of new season set up. If you want to start the conversation sooner, send a support request and we'll reply with the necessary info. You'll need to discuss auto renew date, grace period, seasons you'll renew, and other considerations.
Once you've submitted the auto renew request form, a support agent will confirm your auto renew date. Two weeks prior to that date, educate your members with the announcement of the new season and alert them on the upcoming auto renew date.
a. The first note should be the new season announcement. You can use this template to get started.
b. Follow that with two auto renew emails. Open the doc, create a copy, and edit where appropriate. These emails are meant to be sent by the farmer. If you want a support agent to proof read, just ask!
c. When you're ready to send your first auto renew email, copy and paste your edited series email into a new email in the Send Email function on your dashboard. (Be sure to properly embed images using the image tool within the send email template.) Mirror these filter options below. Insert the dates of your previous season and the dates of your upcoming season in the date block areas. Don't forget - you can schedule these emails ahead of time, so you can prepare all 3 simultaneously!
d. OPTIONAL - Include a post card in the last box of your current season that talks about auto renew.
What you need to know
How auto renew is determined for members:
A member must meet the following criteria to be included in an auto renew
1. Credit card on file (meaning, not an offline payment)
2. Must have had an order in the previous dates selected and no order date in the upcoming dates selected
3. Auto renew is turned to "on".
1. Farm sends the "soft launch" season email.
2. Farm sends a series of 2- 3 emails reminding them auto renew will be occurring which includes information on how and when to make changes to their accounts.
3. Members will receive an order confirmation of the pending order with the grace period mentioned and instructions to make changes. PLEASE NOTE: Members can make changes to their order, location, or cancel their auto renew within this period of time. THESE CHANGES SHOULD NOT GO TO SUPPORT PRIOR TO AUTO RENEW!
4. Finalization email is sent once payment has processed on the determined payment process date.
- The date ranges/seasons to auto renew are your choice. You can also select which share types and locations. For example, you can choose to auto renew summer to summer seasons or summer to fall, summer to winter, etc. It is up to you!
- If you have location changes, you can indicate that "location A" should auto renew into "location b".
- Member's default payment option is whatever payment method the member used on the first order. Members can update what payment option they'd like to be auto renewed into. If a members payment fails at auto renew, their order will be canceled and they should sign up manually.
- You will receive payment after the process payment date.
- We will never auto renew your members unless you request it. This is not an automatic feature for farms.
- If you have members requesting for you to opt them out, follow the steps below:
- Impersonate the member and go to their Account page
- Click on the Subscription tab
- Click on the switch next to "Auto-renew is currently ON" to turn it off. If the member has a pending order as part of an auto-renew that has already begun, you will be prompted to choose whether to cancel or keep that order.
Post Auto Renew
- Your account manager will send you auto renew stats.
- If you still have spots available to sell, this is a great time to send a refer a friend email to all of your members who just auto renewed! Click here to find templates for that!