- Increase revenue through the sale of one-time holiday boxes and extra products
- Start to partner/ form relationships with other producers in the area
- Eventually convert warm leads into full time subscribers
Audience: Current and warm leads
- Step by step instructions for farm use
- Email script for farms to use in their promotions
- Social media script
- Facebook + Instagram Image with text overlay (generic for all farm use)
- Enter your share information on this sheet. Create a copy for your farm use and fill in the information. Please make sure to fill in tab 1 and tab 2 with share and location information.
- Brainstorm different products that you can partner with
- Submit a request through the support widget and attach your setup file.
- Your account manager will follow-up with you so that you can review your share and location settings and place a test order.
- Use this email script as a template + one of the three photos in this folder for announcing the shares. I recommend sending using the "all members for all time" filter in the email function.
- Use one of the three photos in this folder to post on Facebook and Instagram + this suggested sample text to share on your social media channels.
Riehm farm in Ohio sells holiday shares every year with great success. Here are some of Diane's notes she was kind enough to share:
Product Example from Riehm
- A pint of Pure Maple Syrup for your pancakes or waffles the day after.
- A half peck of Apples for your pie, or dessert.
- A half pint of Pumpkin Butter to impress an overnight guest with their morning toast, or use as a hostess gift for your loved one.
- A gallon of the best tasting Apple Cider. (freezes well, just pour an inch off the top)
- Let's not forget One full dozen of Eggs. Use for your recipes and a few for breakfast the next day.
- Customization NOT available with this option.
Timing of Sales
- We start selling them as soon as we put up our Fall/Winter farm shares up on Harvie. ( I think that was August)
- This year we started emailing our farm happenings weekly and found a big improvement in readership (It is mentioned in there regularly)
- Thanksgiving shares are delivered the week "before" Thanksgiving (people too busy if you deliver on the week of Thanksgiving)
- Thanksgiving shares sell like 3 -4 times the Christmas shares counts. We discontinued the Christmas shares which were the week before Christmas