Welcome to Harvie Marketing!
The purpose of this document is to walk you through what you need to know and do to get your first Harvie program launched and start taking sign ups!
Now that the implementation team is working on your set up and you've completed the initial marketing and communications call, you can start diving into the Harvie Knowledge Base and work on your launch communications. Don't worry, we'll walk you through it here.
WHAT TO DO NEXT TO LAUNCH YOUR NEW HARVIE SEASON TO YOUR LEADS
1. Review the task list
In your "Welcome to Marketing Onboarding" email, you received the below list of tasks. This is also in your marketing folder in Google Drive. Please review these items and start working on them if you haven't done so already:
(FYI Clicking this image will bring you directly to the list of tasks where you can link out to the individual links you see here)
2. You will be ready to launch your new Harvie season once you've done the following:
- Approved your Harvie sign up page with implementation
- Updated your farm website to reflect the changes you are making
- Run a website audit for yourself using this document
- Add your Harvie sign up link to all call to action buttons on your website
- Confirmed your Farm Happening in the order confirmation email provides all the details you want
- Soft launching prior to the launch is optional
- Reviewed all Harvie member communications and understand it
- Reviewed how the Refer a Friend program works
3. When you are ready to launch, you can utilize the following resources to help get the word out:
Audience: All current and past members, general interest, warm leads, etc.
Want to start communicating your new season but not sure where to start? This template has everything you need to walk your leads list through all the changes you've made using Harvie and get them to commit! This has an average conversion rate of 10%! Instructions are included on the document on how to use this template.
Need some inspiration and images to post on social media? We've got a sample schedule, customizable and non customizable images you can use, as well as a list of resources you can review to engage with your social media following! Note: The "Food Miles" and "# of Shares Remaining" are particularly effective on social media due to farmer surveys.
Audience: Members who have signed up for your new season
While members receive an email about this upon sign up, we recommend sending this 1-2 more times prior to the season start as a gentle reminder.
Hint: You can use the send email tool in Harvie to email those who have upcoming deliveries. Simply chose anyone with upcoming share deliveries in the specified date range of your upcoming season.
Audience: Current Members + Warm Leads (basically anyone who hasn't signed up for your new season yet!)
Some farms choose to do this email more than once leading up to the closing of their season, especially if you choose not to take rolling sign ups. As we know, most of us are last minute shoppers so it doesn't hurt to get this out to everyone who hasn't signed up prior to your season starting.
4. Generate New Leads
Part of a great marketing campaign includes generating and nurturing new leads as well. We have a whole help document just on how to generate and nurture those leads so they are ready to buy from you!
View the "New Lead Generation" information.
5. Send out a press release!
View the template on "Press Release"
6. Host a Live Farminar
A Farminar is just a fun term for a webinar. A farminar can be used as a sales tool. The target audience would be anyone on your warm leads list and social media following.
View the help document on "How to Host a Farminar"
7. Need print materials?
Harvie offers print material templates through Canvas or optional custom design services.
1. Review all help files in Harvie University - Marketing and Communications for additional resources
2. Looking to offer a promotional coupon or adjustment? Read about "How to Create Adjustments"
3. Curious about credits? Read about how to incentivize members with "member credits" in the "How to Use Member Credits"
4. Need print materials or social media templates? View our templates for your use in Canva here.
If you need assistance with any of these please contact your account manager via that support button in your Harvie dashboard.