This help document will outline the different payment options available to your farm on the Harvie platform and how they work.
1. Pay x Deliveries (no pay in full option available)
Each farm has control over what down payment they will require for the season. For Pay X Deliveries, X = how many deliveries are required as a down payment prior to receiving a first delivery. X could equal 1 or it could equal 4, it's up to the farm. After the initial payment, then the member will be charged on a per delivery basis once the initial down payment has been applied. (ex.if x=1 then billing would start on delivery #2. If x = 4 billing will start on the 5th delivery)
PLEASE NOTE: If a farm uses this option, there is NO pay in full option. ONLY PAY X will be available for the member.
2. Harvie Payment Plan (25/25/50 + pay in full option available)
How the payment plan works:
- At the time of sign up, member will pay 25% of the invoice total.
- The first week of deliveries, member will pay an additional 25% of the invoice total + the remaining 50% balance on the first delivery box amount.
- For the rest of the season the member will pay the remaining 50% due for each delivery's share(s) divided equally throughout the season.
For example, if the individual share price is $15/each and a member has 20 deliveries, the invoice total would be $300 and the member would pay:
- AT SIGN UP - $75 (25%)
- FIRST DELIVERY - $75 (25%) + $7.50 (50% of the individual share amount)
- AT EACH DELIVERY - $7.50 per delivery at each of the remaining 19 deliveries
Total Paid = $300
PLEASE NOTE: When chosing this option, the farm can allow the member to choose between this payment plan and pay in full.
3. Default - Harvie Payment Plan (25/25/50 + pay in full option available) WITH Auto Switch
This plan is the same as the Standard Harvie Payment plan listed above with the exception of the following:
- If a member signs up and the first delivery is within two weeks of the order date, they will default into the pay x = 1 plan. This lowers the barrier to entry as they don't have to do the 50% up front.
This is the default plan if a farm has not indicated they have a preference.
4. Offline Payment (add on to the other two above payment methods)
NOTE This is NOT automatic and the farm must manage this option on their own. Here is a help doc that explains how to manage offline payment plans (Skip to the middle section)
Some farms allow members to chose the offline payment option. A common scenario for this would be to check offline payment and then have the member give the farm cash or check. The farm will then mark the order as paid. It's still recommended members keep a credit card on file in the case of going over the box value with swaps and to purchase add-on's but it is not necessary. The farm will have the option of providing offline payment instructions to the member. (ex. providing the address of where to send a check and by what due date)
PLEASE NOTE: Offline payment can be added to the checkout while utilizing any of the other payment options. For example, you can allow Pay X and offline payment or you can allow Harvie payment plan (payment plan + pay in full) and offline payment.
If you collect offline payments, you will receive a monthly invoice for all offline payments collected. Harvie fees for the previous month will be billed on the 15th of each month. Farms accepting offline payments must have a card on file. Invoices must be paid by the 1st of each month.