Looking to launch farm stand shares out of season? Here is how it will work along with instructions, notes, and communications!
Looking for general information on the Farm Stand feature that isn't through pop up builder? Click here!
How to Launch
Follow the below instructions on how to build the delivery
1. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to get your pop up shares and locations set up if applicable. Once we set it up for you we'll let you know.
For new locations please provide (day of the week, time range, description, private description, delivery fee, address)
2. Next you can create your pop up farm stand delivery by going to Deliveries
3. Click Actions in the right hand corner and click "Create a Pop-up Farm Stand"
4. This will bring you to the "Create Pop-Up Farm Stand" page. Please read the instructions and notes provided on the page before proceeding
5. Create your delivery label name. Hint: Add the word "pop-up" to distinguish from a regular delivery
6. Choose the shares you want to offer on the pop-up. This is typically going to be the share support created for you and likely has the word "pop-up" in it. A tool tip is provided to assist you with this step.
7. Choose your locations and provide the time range for pickup/delivery. A tool tip is provided to assist you with this step.
8. Enter your customer adjustment cut off time
9. Click "Proceed to build my farm stand delivery" and this will take you to the regular delivery builder - estimate you are used to seeing.
10. Add your farm happening by clicking "Edit Farm Happening" here
11. Create your delivery using the delivery builder estimate
Special notes about set up for "a la carte" style:
a. You will want to only put in ONE delivery product, at a price equal to the share price. This is a filler item and can be called whatever you feel is appropriate, other farms have used things like "Farm Stand Service Fee" or "Pre-Season Sale Base Item". There should be ample inventory for this item, since it's role is just to fulfill the requirement that there be at least one item in the customizable share (it will make no difference if someone removes it from their box contents).
b. You will then want to add ALL items for sale as extras items.
c. Once a member purchases the share via Farm Stand, they will be taken to the Customization page for their share where they and build up their box of contents by adding all the extras that they wish.
NOTE: Potential customers will not be able to see all of your product on the Farm Stand page when they are signing up so if you want this option, just build all of your products in the delivery builder.
12. Add and Review your extras
13. Launch pop up farm stand sales by clicking "Launch Customization Period"
14. This will initiate the emails to your farm stand subscribers that your ordering period is now open!
- We can not set an inventory cap for you for add-on's. For main shares, you will tell the system how much product you have when you create the delivery.
- Pop Up builder can be used during your regular season but only at locations not in use for your regular season.
When your farm stand is open, anyone can subscribe and sign up for the farm stand share at the same time by following the farm stand link.
If your farm stand delivery is NOT open then they’ll only have the option to subscribe to the farm stand list. When you do open deliveries, they’ll receive a notification.
How farm stand subscribers sign up for a box
If you already have a subscriber list, then the act of creating the delivery estimate and sending farm stand emails will alert them of the option to order.
How non-farm stand subscribers can sign up for a box: send your farm stand URL to your broader list
Send your members a note about why you are offering farm stand shares and how it works along with the below instructions on how to order.
NOTE: We recommend sending this email to your broader list AFTER your farm stand delivery is active and open!
Direct your subscribers to your FARM STAND sign up link
You can locate your URL by going to your dashboard and going to "My Farm":
Communication Templates to Download
Here is the folder with the screenshots I used
Here is the farm stand communications and marketing help doc if you need additional promo ideas
How to turn off Farm Stand Prior to Finalization
If you need to stop taking orders for farm stand prior to your finalization, follow the below steps:
1. Go to "deliveries" from your farmer admin tab on the left hand side of the screen
2. Click the delivery and go to "Preview shares
3. Click the "Edit Farm Stand" button.
4. Then click, "No additional sales", that will turn farm stand sales off.
NOTE: This will not affect anyone who has currently ordered. This will jut prevent you from selling more.
How to Cancel Farm Stand Orders as a Farm Admin
If you have a subscriber who wants to cancel their farm stand order before you finalize, or you find they have duplicate orders, you can follow the below steps to cancel the order for them.
1. Go to Orders and filter by type, name, or email:
2. Once you find the subscriber, click "Show:
3. Scroll down to the bottom of the order you want to cancel and click "Cancel Order:
4. Click the "Cancel Order" button in red
5. When it's cancelled, you'll see this success message